Welcome to to another fantastic edition of “Business growth with Kiki”
So today, I want to share with you 5 mobile apps to help small businesses. Before I go on, I’d like to explain what a small business is
so that people don’t misundertanding me. Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that
have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Basically, if your business is not
generating 10 Million and above annually, you are a small business owner.
So, let’s get to it people. As a business owner, we all know that today’s marketing depends largely on content creation right?
So, most of the mobile apps, I will be sharing with you today are content creation tools. Maybe some other time, we will discuss mobile apps for accounting/finances for your business but let’s focus today’s chat on content creation.
Like I said, today’s marketing depends largely on content such as videos, text, pictures, audio or a combination of any of these content types.
And being a business owner, you are required to keep giving your target audience and customers new, fresh or updated content to always make them remember you, remember your brand
and value you and your brand but sometimes, the pressure of handling core business operations and still creating good and valuable contents can be very challenging.
It may even affect productivity but with these mobile apps I am about sharing with you, your productivity will become better and you will have enough time to handle your core business operations.
Let’s dive in people.
- Canva- I know a lot of people have heard or use canva but I bet you that most people don’t know how much problem canva solves for them. The good news is that it is free however, upgrading to pro will give you access to more free pictures and beautiful and reserved templates. With canva, you never have to worry about graphics for your business because you have templates you can always choose from. Lots of them in fact. From your blog post banner, to Instagram post, facebook header, logo and even animations, you have lots and lots of templates to choose from. To get canva, go to your play store either google play store or apple store and search for canva. It is spelt as C A N V A. Download it and register. Play around in your free time and I’m sure you’ll find it easy. Canva is a great option to create graphics when you don’t have the time or the budget to hire a graphic designer. The nice thing about Canva is you can customize your graphic all you want, or start with a clean template.
- VivaVideo- Viva video is a mobile video editing app. You can add music to your videos especially if you want to add nice songs while showcasing your products. You can as well remove the original sound if you don’t like it on it. You can edit a short clip of a long video and use it as a teaser for your products. Basically you can change the background of your videos too. There’s so much you can do with Viva Video And install it on your smart phone and shoot video content seamlessly.
- Picsart- My number three mobile app is Picart. I’m sure some of us already use this app but many people don’t know how powerful PicArt can be. This mobile app is a phote editing app. It’s great to help you enhance the look of your photos, you can also do photo collage especially if there are variants to your products. For instance, for me as a fashion designer, when I take pictures of my ready to wear in different poses and styles, I use picart to collate the styles of the same outfit and make it one picture. So when people ask me, can I see the back of the dress or the length, I just send the picture of the collated styles to them and in one image they can see the front view,back view, and side view of the style. This has been really helpful. Again, go to your playstore and download it. It’s free.
- Grammarly- Grammarly is a helpful mobile app that helps you with your text editing and English structure. It helps you highlight wrong spelling and grammatical errors. This can go a long way to help you create grammatically correct sentences while creating contents for your blog post, video teleprompter, etc. Also, grammarly can help you in other areas of your business especially when it involves official writing, it will be helpful to point out spelling errors and correct your grammars. There is a free version and paid version though.
- Buffer- A lot of people don’t know about buffer but what buffer does is that it helps you distribute all your contents across social media with just one button! Cool right? This means that you don’t have to worry about copy and pasting same content on each social media platform one by one, with buffer you can just load the content in the app, if you want, you can adjust the caption to fit into what is acceptable on each social media platform and send it out to all platforms at once. With buffer, you can schedule your content, let’s say you have time to create more content for tomorrow but you don’t want to share the content now. All you need to do is schedule it. You can also edit the caption for each platform. For example, twitter has 240 characters, with buffer, you can edit your caption to suit what Twitter accepts and all. You can also select which platform you want the content to appear on. If you don’t want a particular content to go on a platform, all you need to do is just deselect it. Buffer is a great social media management tool.
So, that’s all for today’s business chat. I hope that this session has been really helpful and you will put all what you’ve learned into practice.
Go to your playstore after reading this and install these apps, take your time to register on them and practice with them.
It may look strange at first but with time, you’d get used to them.